Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blessings Flow

Wow! What a busy past couple of weeks we have had.

We have been preparing for the move.. we had a couple of "good-bye" dinners.. sadly, I didn't even think about getting any group shots... but we did go to Papas & Beer for a Mexican send away with some friends. Our friend, Lindy, told the restaurant it was Matt's birthday... so they came with instruments blaring and sang him the Birthday song.. and he got free dessert. Not sure how all of this came to happen... but somehow through the song, Matt got his ice cream smushed in his face by one of the Mexican singers. It. was. hilarious. Thanks Kelly for the pictures...

Through all these preparations, Matt's Grandpa, D-Daddy, passed away. He had been battling cancer for several months. In the last few months of his life, Matt and I got to spend some good time with him and Nana. D-Daddy was such a warm person and always made me feel loved as part of the Moore family. Although this may sound weird, I really enjoyed being a part of the funeral activities. The service was such a celebration of the life of a loving father, husband, grandpa, brother, and friend. And, it was so neat to hear multiple people talk about what a positive happy person he was... even when facing such a trial. I know we will all miss him for awhile to come, but what a blesssing it is to know that we will see him again! Here's a picture of him and Nana from our family reunion this past summer: It has been completely evident that the Lord's hand has been on us through this moving process. Last Monday, our house went under contract!! Incredibly, we had 3 different people interested in our house- it happened so quickly! We signed the contract the DAY before I left for Nashville- talk about perfect timing! We will miss our house, but are SO thankful to have a contract on it. Now, we can begin the process of looking for a house in Nashville!! Good-bye Greenville house!
The day our house went unter contract, I had been humming "Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow"... then Matt came home and was singing it not knowing it had been stuck in my head all day... THEN, we went to Sonic for a celebratory Happy Hour drink-treat.. and we passed a little church on the way-- look at what the sign says!

Pretty awesome, eh?

I had to leave a day before Matt to go ahead and get to Nashville for an interview. We ate a delicious breakfast at Granny's house with Matt's parents. It was some good family time, but it was very sad leaving! So, I decided to pack Frankie up so I could have a companion for the drive. Wouldn't YOU want this sweet face riding along? The other big news is that I got the job I have been interviewing for! I'll be working in the ELP Real Estate Program for Dave Ramsey! I had my last interview Thursday, was offerred the job Friday... and will start the Monday after Thanksgiving! So, I'm soaking up this week of being home and waiting for the rest of the family to come (they all come today! Hooray!) I feel so blessed to not only have found a job so quickly, but a job I will enjoy with such a great company!!




Here's my new friend Dave.. we haven't been formally introduced at this point, but I'm sure this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.


Overall, we are just humbled by how the Lord is taking care of us and walking us through all these changes. We have SO much to be thankful for.





So, So, excited for my siblings to come in town today for Thanksgiving!! Lindsey and John have 'Baby G' in tow... they will find out whether it's a boy or girl SOON! And, I haven't seen Whit, Jer, or Bella since JULY. I need some of that baby in my life ASAP.

See ya next time!











2 comments:

  1. SO EXCITING! The Lord is so awesome :)))

    Congrats on all of the wonderful news in your life. and the new job...that it great!

    have fun with your family this week. Bella is ADORABLE and congrats on becoming an aunt again, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i think God for blessing you and Matt, and although you will be greatly missed, i'm happy for your new beginnings!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete