Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Patience

The older I get and the more "life" I experience, it becomes very apparent the Lord loves to teach me patience! (admittedly, not a strength of mine). Matt will be the first to tell you when I get something on my mind I've got to go ahead and get it taken care of.... if I had a dollar for every time he's told me that I've got a "bee in my bonnet" I'd be a very rich woman. One of the best things about Matt is that he balances me out- he is the calm, patient, "thinker" of the relationship! Lately with moving, selling the house, interviews, etc. the Lord is really teaching me to just WAIT on him because his timing is always perfect. A phrase my dad says all the time (not sure if he came up with this or was quoting someone else) is "God knows where you are and what time it is." So, it is my job to be diligient in everything he's entrusted me with and leave it to HIM to work out the details and timing of all of our new developments!

Next week will finally be time for us to permanently re-locate to Nashville! Our house is still on the market (back to the whole "patience" thing), so we won't actually be moving furniture or anything big just yet, but Matt will be starting his new position the week of Thanksgiving and I've had several interviews with the same company, so Lord willing, I'll be starting a new job very soon as well! Praise the Lord that it looks like we'll be stepping straight into two incomes once we get settled!



We have someone coming to look at our house later today, so I must go clean clean clean! Here's my top 5 "Must Haves" for showing our house:



1. My Scentsy!! Linz gave this to me for Christmas last year and it is so neat! It's kind of like a flameless candle & you can buy wax cubes in different scents. Currently, I'm sniffing the wonderful aroma of 'White Tea & Cactus'... but I'm thinking of breaking out the 'Sugar Cookie' once Thanksgiving comes along.2. My Shark! This tiny little wonder is so great to tidy the kitchen, couches, or any other little nook & cranny. (and, did I mention it's PURPLE??) We were at Matt's grandma's one day and his mom and Granny could NOT believe I didn't have a dust buster... so off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond we went. For the record, Franklin is NOT a fan, so all "dust busting" must be done while he is outside!!


3. Clorox wipes. I can't tell you how FAST we go through these at our house (sometimes they are buy 1, get 1 at Publix...yippee!) They have been GREAT for wiping down the kitchens and bathrooms after we get ready and are trying to rush out the door before work. They have also proved handy on rainy days for wiping up the muddy paw prints on the kitchen floor!4. Orange Pledge. I know this is weird, but I LOVE the smell of this stuff. That's all.


5. Febreeze. Yes, it's good for spraying around the house to make it fresh... but did you ALSO know that you can use it to steam clean bedspreads, pillows, and couch cushions?? (I didn't until the lady at Macy's told me!) I've done it a couple of times with our couch and it works SOO well. You just turn your iron on steam, let it heat up, spray the cushion and iron (fyi, this is also a good steam facial). Supposedly this works to get out spots on things you can't actually wash... we haven't had to deal with that yet, but it seems like it would work. It makes everything smell SO fresh and really makes the whole room smell good!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right with you on the whole patience thing. We have so many variables on our life in the next year and it is hard for me not to feel "in control" of our future. It's a good thing that God is! Hope your house sells soon and good luck with the interviews!

    ReplyDelete