Friday, May 3, 2013

Houston's 1st Christmas: Part I

I took this on one sweet morning Mid-December... Houston was napping his his swing next to the Christmas tree. I was sipping on some White Mocha coffee. So peaceful... These are the memories I don't want to forget! I'm trying to soak them in as much as I can!
We started a few new Christmas traditions with Houston this year! One of them is to mark his height on the Santa growth chart... Here is daddy holding him up to be measured :)

I just loved this outfit on him!

This year, it was our turn to spend Christmas with the "Moore" side of the family! So, we loaded up the baby, dogs, presents, and WAY too much baby gear and headed to Granny's house in SC!
We got in town pretty late, but Houston was able to meet his Great Granny in the morning! So sweet!I feel so thankful Houston has been able to meet 2 Great Grandma's! God is good!

Matt's parents watched Houston so we could have a date night in Greenville! We went to the Sushi restaurant where we had our 1st date and Matt gave me an early Christmas present which was a Sapphire necklace representing Houston's birthstone!

Sweet thing on Christmas Eve Morning!

All ready to go up to Aunt Paula & Uncle Ken's house to celebrate Christmas Eve with Matt's extended family! I just love this baby!!

He got to meet and hang with 2nd cousin Jacob (Paul & Caroline's 1st baby who was born in May). Houston was happier about this than he looks! haha!We didn't exactly take and adult pictures, but I guess it's most important to capture the babies, right?

Uncle Jimmy & Keith with all of Houston's 2nd cousins!

Just a little family snuggle before bedtime on Christmas Eve! Houston was listening for reindeer hooves on the roof!

Christmas Morning!!

The best family pic we could get. Thanks Anniston, for cooperating! (not!) haha!

Houston's loot! Santa is extra good to you if you're the 1st grandchild in the family ;)

After a busy day of lots of presents, food, family and celebrating Jesus' birth, we got to spend a little quiet family time by Granny's fireplace! My heart was so full - Christmas is DEFINITELY way more fun with a little one! And, I'm sure will continue to be more fun as he starts to understand what is going on! We got a video of him "opening" his first present... pretty much blank stares.. but he has played with his toys many times since then!









No comments:

Post a Comment