Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cute Faces


So, now that Houston is getting a little older, he's keeping me very entertained with all of his new facial expressions.... here is just a bit of the cute-ness I get to hang-out with all day long...


1st Legit Tummy Time....
 

 


I see this face a lot-- this is when he's looking at you very intently trying to figure things out.
(Look at those chubby little hands!!)

Also, please note the difference in his face between last week (above) and this week. He's changing SO fast!
I love his new skills and personality, but I can't believe how FAST this is going!!

He is starting to smile more and more... I'm always too slow to catch the FULL smile, but here's the tail end of one hiding behind a paci. He was doing tummy time and I noticed the back of his hair was kind of tangly, so I grabbed our little brush and was going to brush the back of his head while I could. Evidently it tickled (or maybe he just liked the feeling) but he was grinning from ear to ear! Everytime I'd do a swipe with the brush he would smile!

Today, Matt called to check-in. Houston was playing on his play mat and all of a sudden broke out into the BIGGEST smile and actually GIGGLED! It was absolutely THE cutest thing I've ever seen. I think he's cute no matter what he's doing, but to see a big grin on his face with those dimples and to hear his little voice giggle- my heart absolutely melted!

Most of the time this kid LOVES his paci... sometimes, though, he decides he does not want it. And, when you try to give it to him and he is uninterested, you will see this face...

 Houston's new hobby is fan watching. He gets very still and will lay there for a LONG time just watching. It's funny when he picks up these new things because he will get still all of a sudden, and I have to figure out what he's doing! Keeping Mama on her toes already!

Mimi came to babysit this while I went to get a haircut.
 I thought he looked cute dangling here so I had to get a pic :)

We broke out his play matt with toys that dangle for him to punch and kick. It also has a mirror that straps to one of the bars overhead. This was the first time we were playing with it and he caught himself in the mirror. He got SO still and just looked at himself for the LONGEST time!
 
 I think he must be thinking,
"Hey, who is that good lookin' baby!"

 And, lastly, we took our first trip to Publix today to grab a few things! I've been without him since he's been born, but this was our first time together. I think he really liked checking everything & everybody out... and I made sure to do the self-checkout because I didn't want anybody touching him! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment